Please be aware that auditions are due from everyone June 1st. I wish everyone a great audition and look forward to hearing everyone perform.
Music is available for next year’s ensembles. The music is under the music tab. All auditions will be done via google drive (make sure to make it shareable). This will give everyone extra time and preparation without the stress of the live audition that so many dread. If you are already in Wind Ensemble, you do not need to audition again – only if you are trying out for a new ensemble.
Percussion, I am aware that hardly anyone has any access to mallet instruments or timpani at the moment so please be aware that I am only asking for the snare music for right now. Follow the instructions on the audition page for now. I will audition everyone on the other instruments when we return to band camp or school, depending on what we are able to actually do. I know many will have had no time on the other instruments, but I need to have a general idea of everyone’s skill level before placing everyone.
Again, if you are already in Wind Ensemble as a percussionist, you will not have to audition. This applies only to those trying to move up and those coming into our program. This may mean a couple people switch classes but not likely. I don’t know who has signed up for what at the moment.
After several hours of interviews conducted by the current leadership group, the results have come out for the Leadership Team for the coming year. The following will begin transitions with the current leaders, especially since we are no longer on campus. Please welcome the new leadership team for 2020-21!
- Band President – Grant Baxter
- Vice Presidents – Kendall McKinney, Xavier Norman
- Drum Majors – Breeze Smith, Raelon Dahmer, Victor Goon
- Woodwind Captain – Ayrika Anderson
- Brass Captain – Adam Brooks
- Drumline Captain – Kyndle Lee
- Flute Section Leader – Maliya Conway
- Clarinet Section Leader – Natal Kechena
- Saxophone Section Leader – Ethan Yang
- Trumpet/Mellophone Section Leader – Aaron Ford
- Trombone Section Leader – Leslie Avila
- Baritone Section Leader – Wen Xue
- Sousaphone Section Leader – Troy Staton
Congratulations to the selected few who will help lead and become the motivating force behind our program. I am very proud of everyone that interviewed. Even though we are all homebound at the moment, we have a bright path in front of us to follow. I hope everyone is healthy and safe.