WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
We are pleased to announce an all new uniform vendor for this year:
We encourage everyone to peruse the custom page they have setup exclusively for the WSHS Band. Simply click on the below link and you can place your student’s 2019 uniform order. All fully paid orders will be delivered together the week of our first football game. The cutoff to have these orders ready is August 9th, 2019 so don’t delay and order today!
…or download a form here. Checks made payable to Champion Awards and Apparel. (No partial payments.)
Greetings Spartan Band Members and Spartan Band Supports.
We hope you had a wonderful summer, and we would like to extend a very warm welcome to all incoming Freshmen and their parents.
Please see the following listing of upcoming events. You will also find these detailed in the band calendar.
All Booster meetings will be the 1st Thursday of each month
Beginning July 21, 28, August 4, 11, 18, etc. we will try to hold car washes at the school outside the band room
July 16 – Officers, section heads, section leaders (8-5)
July 17-18 – All above mentioned and 9-10th graders (8-5)
July 19-20 – All band members (8-5)
July 23-27 – All band members (8-5)
August 2-3 – All band members (2:30-6:30)
All practices will be Tuesday, Thursday 2:30-5 after school
Mondays may be applied earlier on if needed due to the high volume of students not showing up to band camp
Game schedule 2018:
- 8/17 – @ Briarcrest (5:15 pm call) bus leaves at 5:45
- 8/24 – @ DeSoto Central (5pm call) bus leaves at 5:45
- 8/31 – @ CBHS (5:30 pm call) bus leaves at 6
- 9/7 – v. Hernando @ Halle Stadium (5:30 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 9/14 – v. Arlington @ Rhodes College (5:30 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 9/21 – @ Bartlett (5:30 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 9/28 – @ Montgomery Bell Academy (WE ARE NOT GOING)
- 10/5 – v. Germantown (Homecoming) @ Fairgrounds (5:30 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 10/12 – Open Week, NO Game
- 10/19 – @ Whitehaven (WE ARE NOT GOING)
- 10/26 – v. Central @ Fairgrounds (5:30 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 11/2 – 1st Round Playoffs
- 11/9 – 2nd Round Playoffs
- 11/16 – 3rd Round Playoffs
- 11/23 – 4th Round Playoffs
- 12/1 – State Championship
- 10/18 Fall Concert 6:30 start
- 12/7 Potential date for Collierville Christmas parade
- 12/11 Holiday Concert 6:30 start
- 3/7 Spring Concert 6:30 start
- 5/8 Chamber/Solo Ensemble Concert 6:30 start
- 5/9 Final Concert 6:30 start
General Calendar Information
- January 12 – All West Band/Jazz auditions (Briarcrest HS)
- February 14-16 – All West Clinic (Cook Convention Center)
- March 7 – Concert Festival
- April 8 – WTSBOA Jazz Festival
- April 10-14 – All State Clinic and Convention
White Station Band Boosters
Greetings Spartan Band Supports and Band Members
The Boston trip has been cancelled. Please be patient and wait for more information regarding reimbursement. Mr. Sims is working diligently with the travel company, and can not answer all questions at this time.
Stay tuned for more information…
White Station Band Boosters
Greetings Spartan Band Members and Supporters
Don’t miss out on this rare chance to score some of the real stuff!
David Ziegler, pit-master for the award-winning BBQ team Born in the Que S A will be donating his time and expertise to provide the Spartan Band supporters with his championship-caliber craft. Each pork butt is prepared fresh with the perfect blend of spices and seasonings before being slowly smoked on wood-fired BBQ pits that have been competition-tested. Your fully-smoked BBQ pork butt will come wrapped in foil ready to reheat with included instructions. Each butt serves approximately 16-20 people.
PLACE YOUR ORDER BY MARCH 23RD!
Don’t Wait! Orders are first come, first serve. Just a total of 60 butts will be available!
• Whole BBQ Pork Butt – $35 each, cash or check (made to WSHS Band Boosters).
• All orders must be paid-in-full in advance.
• All orders must be turned in by Friday, March 23rd.
• Turn in orders forms and payment to Mr. Sims in an envelope labeled “Pork Butt Funds”.
• Fully-cooked BBQ Pork Butts will be available for pickup at times listed below.
• Orders not claimed during the pickup times will be donated to a local food bank.
• No refunds can be given for unclaimed orders.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE WSHS SPARTAN BAND!
WSHS Band Boosters General Meeting
Thursday, January 11th, 2018 WSHS Band Room at 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
**Next Band Booster General Meeting – Thursday, February 1st, 2018 in the WSHS
Regardless of weather conditions, the All West Honor Band auditions will still take place this Saturday at Northside High School in Jackson. There is simply no way to reschedule the audition date.
Please communicate to your students that we understand the challenging and potentially dangerous situation and leave the final decision-making to the parent. Parents will need to determine the best action, if any, concerning their student. We also advise students to take their instruments home on Thursday just in case schools are closed on Friday.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Though we apologize for the situation, it is in fact outside our control, and all we can do is follow protocol and hope for a safe weekend.
WTSBOA Executive Board
We are excited to announce that the WSHS Spartan Band is now being sponsored by Jet’s Pizza. Please be sure to stop by and thank them for taking an interest in our band students.