I apologize for the late notice but I have to attend a training through the U of M for our new student teacher. Due to the late notice, I will still be on campus until 5pm for those that are not able to pick up earlier, but will need to leave shortly after to continue the virtual meeting.
The form included is for everyone in the band. However, those that have been in the band previously and already have these items do not need to order them again. Those new to the band need everything on the form – Girls may wear the concert shirt with pants if they desire but it is originally intended for the boys to wear with slacks.
You may download and print the form from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/130CJP-jU88R6cNAMHnKA_8et-KA8flO_/view?usp=sharing
After talking to the Student Leadership group and going through the reality of time constraints, I am deciding that we will not have a field show this year. Since band camp was cut short, and because we missed almost half the band during the camp we were able to have, it is not feasible to cram in a show before our first games. Our first game arrives on 8/20 which is not a reasonable ask for the band to learn the show and music at that time. We will have practice after school for the next two weeks for sure in order to get the whole band learning the music for the stands. It is expected that everyone participate in these after school rehearsals if they are in band. On this site is a program absence form that needs to be used if a student is not able to come to practice.
For the band fair share fees (band fees that enable us to participate in games, pay the coaches that came this year, go to All-West, Concert Festival, pay for clothing dry cleaning, etc.), the current rate for band fees will be $150.
In order for you child to be able to utilize a school instrument, I need to have the instrument loan form signed by both you and your child. All new students were given the forms in class this morning and many more are available in the classroom and on this site under Band Forms.
This is a reminder that we will not have practice this week from 3-8. All SCS teachers will be at In-Service this week. During this time, and during our content area District Learning Day, I will gather more information regarding the most updated guidelines for practices after school and procedures for games. At the moment, we are still scheduled to have practices after school from 2:30-5pm. We will be discussing in class our situation with game performance, whether in the stands, on the field, or both.
Masks need to be worn at all times when at school and this applies when entering the band room. The only time you would lower your mask is when you are playing in class. Please do not congregate in the back storage area this year as there is not enough room to effectively space out and keep each other safe. In the mornings, before and after school, you will still be required to wear a mask. Only when you leave campus will you able to take off your mask.
If you did not audition for band for this year but are still in band, even if we did not see you for band camp, you are being moved to Symphonic Band. This means your schedule may say another ensemble in PowerSchool but you will be reset to Symphonic Band. Unless you received notice from me that you are in Wind Ensemble or Jazz Band, please use the codes below to sign up for the class you are attending. Parents, the codes for parents is also available for updates per class.
Remind Codes: Symphonic Band(student) – @a743b; Symphonic Band Parents – @6h9e7; Wind Ensemble(student) – @8643g; Wind Ensemble Parents – @gcb63; Jazz Band(student) – @815cb5; Jazz Band Parents – @b6eh6; Color Guard (student and parent) – @wshscolor; Marching Band (student and parent) – @wshsmarch.
Parents, sign up for the parent remind for your child’s class, and the Marching Band as well. I send full group information there, especially during and after games. The student reminds are needed for every student so they are aware of event information and changes.
URGENT: At this time, after having talked to Mrs. Holland, and with a rise in the positive cases amongst those in attendance during band camp, recently, I am shutting down band camp. We will pick up were we left off and move forward once school starts.
I hope everyone is able to practice and print the music listed on this site for Stand Tunes and the Field Show. Special consideration needs to be given to the following pieces of music: Star Spangled Banner, Tigers, Fight Song (On Wisconsin), Maximum Strength Warm-up, No Roots, High Hopes, Victorious, and Take it to the Street. We will save a lot of time when we return if everyone can spend time each day working on this music. I hope everyone is safe and well and I look forward to seeing and working with all of you soon.
More than ever, our children need our aid. Please consider joining the Band Boosters as we strive to provide the opportunities for all students to excel and enjoy being a band member. Being in the band is more than just learning creative skills; it is the entrance into a much broader family. All young families need parental leadership to help guide and nurture each student so they may be as successful as possible.
Greetings Spartan Band Members and parents.
We hope you have a wonderful summer, and we would like to extend a very warm welcome to all incoming Freshmen and their parents.
Please see the following listing of upcoming events. You will also find these detailed in the band calendar.
All Booster meetings will be the 1st Thursday of each month
Beginning July 24, 31, August 7, 14, 21, etc. we will try to hold car washes at the school outside the band room. This is assuming we are able to hold this fundraiser with whatever pandemic guidelines will be in place at the time.
All practices will be Tuesday, Thursday 2:30-5 after school
Mondays may be days the drum line practices after school as they are not able to practice as a group during the school day. All other wind players will be working on the music during class.
Game schedule 2021 (games in bold are home games; all games start at 7pm):
- 8/20 – vs. Melrose – Crump Stadium (5:15 pm call) bus leaves at 6pm
- 8/27 – vs Central HS – Crump Stadium (5:15 call) bus leaves at 6pm
- 9/3 – @ Collierville (5:00 pm call) bus leaves at 5:45
- 9/10 – @ CBHS (5:15 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 9/17 – @ Arlington (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 9/24 – vs. Bartlett – Cordova (Homecoming) (5:15 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 10/1 – @ Cordova (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 10/8 – v. Whitehaven – Cordova (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 10/15 – Open Week, NO GAME!!!
- 10/22 – @ Germantown
- 10/29 – vs. Houston – Germantown Stadium (Sr. Night) (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 11/5 – 1st Round Playoffs
- 11/12 – 2nd Round Playoffs
- 11/19 – 3rd Round Playoffs
- 11/26 – 4th Round Playoffs
- 12/3 – State Championship
Potential Concert Schedule (attendance of concerts in their entirety ensure full grade credit along with appropriate attire):
- 10/20 (Possible) Fall Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 12/4 or 12/11 Potential date(s) for Collierville Christmas parade
- 12/8 Holiday Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 3/9 Spring Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 5/11 Chamber/Solo Ensemble Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 5/11 Final Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
General Calendar Information
- January 15 – All West Band/Jazz auditions – Arlington HS
- February 10-12- All West Clinic (Renesant Center/Cannon Center)
- March 10-11 – Concert Festival –
- April 26 – WTSBOA Jazz Festival – University of Memphis
- April 27-30 – All State Clinic and Convention – Gaylord Convention Center & Hotel in Nashville, TN
White Station Band Boosters
- July 19-20, 2021 – 8am-4pm (both days) Officers, Section Heads and Section Leader Days, Band setup
- This only applies to Band Officers and Section Heads/Leaders
- July 21-23, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Percussion and Color Guard
- This applies to all percussionists and all students wishing to be a part of the Color Guard (may be a band member)
- Percussion placements will take place during these days
- For information on auditions for Color Guard, please reach out to me
- July 21, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Freshman-Sophomore Orientation and Introduction
- July 22-23, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Full Band
- All students will receive Full Band Uniforms and marching instruments (if needed)
- July 26-30, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Band Camp Full Band
- August 2-6 (School In-Service days) – 2:30pm-8pm – Full Band
- August 6, 2016 – 5pm-8pm – Band Family Picnic and Preview Show
- August 9 – School Starts(?)
- Practices are Tuesday and Thursday (2:30-5pm)
- Games Friday night (Typically, call time will be 5pm in the band room to prepare for the game and board the busses)
- Currently, I am still working on the game schedule and will have that settled soon. This will also be reflected in band fees.
- These practices will go until the season ends which is dependent upon how the team does during playoffs.
We are excited to announce that the WSHS Spartan Band is now being sponsored by Jet’s Pizza. Please be sure to stop by and thank them for taking an interest in our band students.