Congratulations to all that auditioned. This year, we had a fantastic turn out considering CoVid and the smaller group of students that auditioned this year. This year, we had 33 students make All West, and 17 alternates with a couple with immediate births into All State and a couple students in Jazz Band with the chance to go into All State. I am so proud of everyone and excited to see everyone that made it at the clinic downtown at the new Renesant Center. More information to follow. Score sheets will be passed out in class when we return.
All-West Audition Guidelines
- This year, no one is allowed in the building unless they are auditioning or are a director. We are asking all parents to wait outside.
- Please wear a mask
- Students must leave IMMEDIATELY following their audition(s)
- Students should be in line at the registration table 10 minutes prior to their audition. A student can POSSIBLY be worked in early, but not late. Please tell your students to make preparations to leave early enough so that things like traffic will not make them late.
- We will provide a Keyboard Amp, Bass Amp, and Guitar Amp as well as Drum Set, and Aux Instruments for Jazz Auditions, but not patch cords, sticks, and mallets.
- We will also provide percussion audition equipment, i.e. snare, Timpani, and Mallet Instruments, but not Mallets or sticks
- no other instruments will be provided.
Below are the time slots for all auditioning band members:
All West is being held this year at Arlington HS for all Wind Ensemble and Jazz performers. Although the times have yet to be disclosed to the directors, the date of the auditions is Saturday, January 15. The rules for this year, due to Covid-19 restrictions, states that students may only enter the building 10 minutes before their audition. Unlike past years, they will only be able to register, go to the warm up area, then audition and leave immediately afterwards. Students are not able to congregate and stay on campus before or after their designated time for the benefit of all involved. Please, if you or your child is exhibiting Covid symptoms, or has recently tested positive, please reach out to me as soon as possible (via text, email, or Remind). I will post the audition times as soon as I have access to them. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
More than ever, our children need our aid. Please consider joining the Band Boosters as we strive to provide the opportunities for all students to excel and enjoy being a band member. Being in the band is more than just learning creative skills; it is the entrance into a much broader family. All young families need parental leadership to help guide and nurture each student so they may be as successful as possible.
Greetings Spartan Band Members and parents.
We hope you have a wonderful summer, and we would like to extend a very warm welcome to all incoming Freshmen and their parents.
Please see the following listing of upcoming events. You will also find these detailed in the band calendar.
All Booster meetings will be the 1st Thursday of each month
Beginning July 24, 31, August 7, 14, 21, etc. we will try to hold car washes at the school outside the band room. This is assuming we are able to hold this fundraiser with whatever pandemic guidelines will be in place at the time.
All practices will be Tuesday, Thursday 2:30-5 after school
Mondays may be days the drum line practices after school as they are not able to practice as a group during the school day. All other wind players will be working on the music during class.
Game schedule 2021 (games in bold are home games; all games start at 7pm):
- 8/20 – vs. Melrose – Crump Stadium (5:15 pm call) bus leaves at 6pm
- 8/27 – vs Central HS – Crump Stadium (5:15 call) bus leaves at 6pm
- 9/3 – @ Collierville (5:00 pm call) bus leaves at 5:45
- 9/10 – @ CBHS (5:15 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 9/17 – @ Arlington (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 9/24 – vs. Bartlett – Cordova (Homecoming) (5:15 call time) bus leaves at 6
- 10/1 – @ Cordova (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 10/8 – v. Whitehaven – Cordova (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 10/15 – Open Week, NO GAME!!!
- 10/22 – @ Germantown
- 10/29 – vs. Houston – Germantown Stadium (Sr. Night) (5:00 call time) bus leaves at 5:45
- 11/5 – 1st Round Playoffs
- 11/12 – 2nd Round Playoffs
- 11/19 – 3rd Round Playoffs
- 11/26 – 4th Round Playoffs
- 12/3 – State Championship
Potential Concert Schedule (attendance of concerts in their entirety ensure full grade credit along with appropriate attire):
- 10/20 (Possible) Fall Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 12/4 or 12/11 Potential date(s) for Collierville Christmas parade
- 12/8 Holiday Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 3/9 Spring Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 5/11 Chamber/Solo Ensemble Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
- 5/11 Final Concert 6:30 Booster mtg, 7pm concert
General Calendar Information
- January 15 – All West Band/Jazz auditions – Arlington HS
- February 10-12- All West Clinic (Renesant Center/Cannon Center)
- March 10-11 – Concert Festival –
- April 26 – WTSBOA Jazz Festival – University of Memphis
- April 27-30 – All State Clinic and Convention – Gaylord Convention Center & Hotel in Nashville, TN
White Station Band Boosters
- July 19-20, 2021 – 8am-4pm (both days) Officers, Section Heads and Section Leader Days, Band setup
- This only applies to Band Officers and Section Heads/Leaders
- July 21-23, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Percussion and Color Guard
- This applies to all percussionists and all students wishing to be a part of the Color Guard (may be a band member)
- Percussion placements will take place during these days
- For information on auditions for Color Guard, please reach out to me
- July 21, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Freshman-Sophomore Orientation and Introduction
- July 22-23, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Full Band
- All students will receive Full Band Uniforms and marching instruments (if needed)
- July 26-30, 2021 – 7:30am-5:00pm – Band Camp Full Band
- August 2-6 (School In-Service days) – 2:30pm-8pm – Full Band
- August 6, 2016 – 5pm-8pm – Band Family Picnic and Preview Show
- August 9 – School Starts(?)
- Practices are Tuesday and Thursday (2:30-5pm)
- Games Friday night (Typically, call time will be 5pm in the band room to prepare for the game and board the busses)
- Currently, I am still working on the game schedule and will have that settled soon. This will also be reflected in band fees.
- These practices will go until the season ends which is dependent upon how the team does during playoffs.
We are excited to announce that the WSHS Spartan Band is now being sponsored by Jet’s Pizza. Please be sure to stop by and thank them for taking an interest in our band students.